Who Cares? about audience engagement
Held at: SPACE Ilford
Time: 10:30 – 17:00h
Chaired by Dr Sophie Hope
Participating: Jemma Desai, Igor Grubic, Nephertiti Schandorf, Katharine Stout, Louise Yates
In order to participate, please reserve here.
SPACE invites you to a one-day event for artists, practitioners and producers working in community engagement.
Bringing together a national and international panel, we will be looking at audience development and participation in the context of care. Chaired by Dr Sophie Hope, Birkbeck University of London.
- Jemma Desai, Writer, Researcher and Head of Programming, Berwick Film & Media Arts Festival
- Igor Grubic, Artist
- Nephertiti Schandorf, Artistic Director, Peckham Platform
- Katharine Stout, Director, Focal Point Gallery, Southend-on-Sea
- Louise Yates, Director, Back to Ours (Creative People and Places), Hull
Schedule for the day
- 10.30am Welcome / registration
- 11am – 1pm Panel presentations
- 1 – 2pm Lunch
Opportunity to preview Mammoth loop exhibition in the gallery with commissioned artist Cecilia Charlton and participants in the Stitch in Time workshops.
- 2 – 3.30pm Afternoon workshop, questions and reflections
- 3.30 – 5pm Drinks reception and opening of Mammoth loop
£5 for freelance and independent artists
£15 + booking fee for organisation representatives
Drinks and refreshments included.
If you cannot attend in person, the event will be filmed and disseminated, questions for the panel can be emailed in advance to email@example.com
Post event drinks will be held in the gallery.
If you have any questions, please contact Premlata Mistry, Head of Community Engagement Programmes at SPACE on firstname.lastname@example.org